Saturday, 1 October 2016

Wait A Minute Autumn

Hey Everyone!

It's been a month since I was last on holiday and I can defiantly say I miss it a lot.

Along with Porto Santo, I also went to Madeira like I usually do every summer. I thought I would show you some of my favourite locations within the island..

Sao Vicente

Ribeira Brava

Seixal 

Porto Moniz

Funchal 
Sao Vicente is actually where I'm from. It's pretty small in terms of what you can do, but at the end of August every year there is this huge event thing of which is the best on the island. A lot of people who visit don't know about these events and I feel like they're missing out. It's free. The mayor funds it where artists & DJs come to perform. I really liked it. I had a great time, even though I tripped and essentially ripped the skin off of my knee. It still hasn't fully healed which shows how bad it was.

I really like Ribeira Brava and if I were to move anywhere within Madeira it would be Ribeira Brava. The beach within this location is so simple which makes it beautiful. It's simply a rocky beach with man made palm tress. I'm constantly at this beach.

I can sort of say that I surfed for a few minutes in Seixal. A little insane how strong and huge the waves were. I loved it but it was the first time I was ever scared of the sea. I would consider myself a pretty good swimmer and so these conditions don't usually scare me, but I knew it was different when I realised how impossible it was to just swim with these waves. To make the situation even more annoying, I got bit by something. I was walking and somehow stepped on a thing which actually turned out to be a bit. There was also not lifeguards at this beach :(

A beach thats technically a pool is a cool idea and you can find one at Porto Moniz. It's a tourist destination and so there are always a lot of people there, but I get it's a great place to be. You can jump off of anything (by being careful) which always makes beach days fun. The only thing I didn't like is how cold it gets. I was there for 2 hours and after that it was freezing, mainly because it was windy.

The main place where you can literally find anything is Funchal. A lot of the times we walked around the city, especially at night which is so pretty to see. I realised as we walked at night how scary it can seem when the sea completely blends with the sky. In my head, it seemed liked a good idea to try it out and see if it is or not actually scary. I didn't try it out, maybe next year.



It's now October and I will soon be visiting another beautiful country.
I've shared a little bit of my summer but I'm now ready for the spookiness autumn brings!


Happy Saturdays!  :D


Andreia
    xo