Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Pistachio Dragée | Summer Nails

Hey Everyone!

One thing that I love to do in the Summer is to pick out a new nail varnish, that I will most likely be wearing on my nails for the whole Summer. Every year it's a different colour or shade. Last year I was loving the darkish sort of blues a.k.a. 'Bikini So Teeny' by Essie, but now I've been obsessed with the pastel greens.

L'Oreal has this range of nail vanishes called 'Color Riche Les Blancs,' which consists of 4 different pastel colours. I just thought 'Pistachio Dragee' (852) is the one for this Summer..

This colour can be hard to define, because some say it's more green, blue and even yellow. I can say I can see all those colours, but I think green is more dominant over the over colours. It's a light colour and so for some skin tones it can give the illusion, that you are more tanned than you actually are. 

The colour also reminds me of crystal clear waters that can be seen at some beaches and I think this is the main reason why I purchased this colour. Candy floss is also something that comes into my mind, when I see this colour and the other colours in the collection. 

In the photos above I did apply two coats along with a clear coat on top. The clear coat could have altered the colour a bit as some clear coats do, but if you're interested I used a clear nail varnish by L'Oreal also. 

I would defiantly recommend L'Oreal nail varnishes, especially for when you are traveling as the nail varnish itself is very small and compact. It just means that you can fit it anywhere and besides that it's cute.

What's your nail colour for this Summer?


Happy Wednesdays!  :D


Andreia
    xo