Sunday, 29 March 2015

Birthdays..

Hey Everyone!

And it's Sunday today making it a perfect timing for a Sunday Rant. I'm extra happy this Sunday, because it's finally spring break for me, which means I don't have to wake up at 7:30am for 2 weeks!

I've been recently thinking about birthdays because it's my friend's, dad's and sister's birthday soon, so I need to start shopping for gifts.

But that's something I don't get. We were born once, but we treat it like we're being born every year, even though we're just ageing. It's weird to think how we're just turning old, but it's the truth and many don't like to hear the truth, so maybe that's why there's birthdays, (to hide the truth that you're ageing).

I have always been that simple person over there in the corner, that didn't really care about having huge parties to celebrate a number. To be honest I preferred not to have a huge party, because I never got the point. I guess when I was younger I did, because it was a time where you could ask for anything and most likely get it too.

The point I seen in it now is that by giving gifts you're celebrating someone's life and how they are still alive. I actually thought of this when I was talking to one of my friends and he made me realise how there's literally no point.



The money spending part of birthdays is everyone's least favourite, because we all want to give amazing gifts that cost a fortune just to make that one person happy. But at the same time we don't want to spend that amount, because we don't want to feel guilty or even jealous that you may be spending more money on that person than yourself.

It's funny how when I was younger I wished that when it was your birthday, you could decide the age to turn. So you could go back to the age of 5 or you could speed up things to your 60s. I think it wouldn't work now that I'm older, because none would want to turn old.

I also thought as a child that by blowing the birthday candles gave you that one special wish, but birthdays aren't really needed for that, because any wish can be special.


It's pretty late now that the clocks have gone forward or else it would have nearly been 11pm and not 12am.


Happy Sundays!  :D


Andreia
    xo