Saturday, 21 March 2015

The Eclipse

Hey Everyone!

Yesterday was the first day of Spring, but it was much more special than usual, because there was an eclipse. It was during school time, but we were lucky enough to be allowed outside to experience it as well as to take pictures.


Taking a picture of the eclipse was hard, but the one above was the best one I got. It was so cloudy, but I somehow managed to get it and I'm proud with how it turned out.

I have to say not looking at it was the hardest thing to do. One of my friends was just staring at it for a few seconds and I had to get her attention, because she got distracted and so forgot what she was looking at. They say it takes 48 hours for an effect, so on Sunday we will be able to see the harm. 

I did look at it and it had to be when it was at it's strongest, so my eyes did hurt for a while after that. So with that in mind, I stood with my back to the eclipse and reflected the image onto my phone screen. I had a screen protector, so it made the rays visible on the phone screen.


Before the eclipse it was said how the animals would become confused and a lot of other things like that. I was near the Science block when this all happened, so I could see the Science teachers investigating the fishes in the pond for any differences. I don't know if they became confused or not though, but I should have asked.

Now we just have to wait until the next one.



Happy Saturdays!  :D


Andreia
    xo